Discussioni inerenti la stagione di F1 2012

da Die Mensch-Maschine » 12/02/2012, 2:24

[quote="Uitko"]
[quote="Mclaren7C"]
Il nostro Jarno, l'unico pilota italiano nel circus iridato.  :(
[/quote]
Già... e non lo vedo molto roseo il futuro  :(
[/quote]

Io invece penso che quest'anno ci stupirà, secondo me un qualche punticino lo prende.
Fine esteta und kampionen di raffinatezzen.
Die Mensch-Maschine
Team Manager
Team Manager

da Baldi » 13/02/2012, 10:22

Dopo i test di Jerez

Il team Caterham F1 ha concluso la sessione di test sul circuito di Jerez con il pilota italiano Jarno Trulli. C’è soddisfazione nel team per l’esito della prima prova della stagione.

Jarno Trulli: “La mia prima impressione sulla vettura e’ buona – una progressione dal 2011 e una buona base per noi per lavorare per la prossima stagione. La sua affidabilità è stata dimostrata per tutta la settimana qui a Jerez e abbiamo generato molti dati, in particolare sul KERS e le gomme 2012, che ci aiuteranno a migliorare il set-up per il prossimo paio di test.”

“Forse siamo stati l’unica squadra a correre sempre con tanto carburante, ma abbiamo voluto mettere a fuoco il programma di sviluppo e fare in modo di completare il piano di ogni giorno.”

“Per me ci sono un paio di risultati positivi reali a partire da oggi. Non avevo usato il KERS prima e, nonostante i pulsanti extra, è abbastanza semplice abituarsi in fretta. Penso che vedremo i benefici di questo sempre di più ma continueremo a imparare per ottenere il massimo da esso. Inoltre, per me la macchina era bilanciata quasi subito e il servosterzo è buono. Penso che sia fondamentalmente un buon pacchetto con un grande potenziale per noi su cui lavorare. Un buon modo di iniziare la stagione. ”

Mike Gascoyne, Direttore Tecnico:. “Penso che possiamo essere molto soddisfatti di come è andato il primo test. Oltre a un problema il primo giorno con il motorino di avviamento, la vettura è stata assolutamente impeccabile per tutta l’intera prova, il che è un vero e proprio omaggio al lavoro svolto dal team nel suo complesso. Abbiamo completato l’intero programma di test, utilizzando il KERS per la prima volta, e per me questo è stato probabilmente il miglior primo test che io abbia mai svolto in tutta la mia carriera.”
Immagine
C'è un'unica differenza tra me e un pazzo: io non sono pazzo. (Salvador Dalì)
Baldi
Administrator
Administrator

da Uitko » 13/02/2012, 11:51

[quote="Baldi"]
e il servosterzo è buono.
[/quote]
:P :P :P :P :P

Il discorso sulla benzina non so quanto regga, inoltre quando dice che è stato il suo miglior primo test, c'è da considerare che per due giorni prima già avevano percorso km i suoi compagni sistemando i difettucci probabilmente...

A Die Mensch-Maschine rispondo che spero sia un buon profeta, vorrei che almeno qualche punto arrivasse in quella che penso sarà la sua ultima stagione in F1  :001_unsure:
Immagine
"Quando voglio andare più veloce non c'è bisogno che spinga. Basta che mi concentri un pò." (Jim Clark)
Uitko
Administrator
Administrator

da depailler on tyrrell p34 » 13/02/2012, 15:45

Trulli: Why he's fighting to race on
For much of the winter Jarno Trulli's F1 career was on the brink. Against the odds he has kept his seat at Caterham, but for how long? Simon Strang asks the man himself what he thinks and finds the Italian more motivated than ever

By Simon Strang
  AUTOSPORT.com editor

When AUTOSPORT meets up with Jarno Trulli the night before he finally gets to drive the new Caterham CT01, he's surprisingly ebullient. It's Thursday evening, the sun has set behind the hills overlooking the fast Criville right-hander, and he's just had his seat fitting prior to a full day's running at Jerez.

The only active Italian driver in Formula 1 has been patiently waiting all week for his turn, and he's only getting one day in the car while team-mate Heikki Kovalainen has already had two. The fact that the seat fitting has only just taken place, could, if you're being mischievous, be attributed to the residue of a long winter's waiting over his future.

During the course of the third day's testing, Caterham has given well-financed new reserve Giedo van der Garde a day of acclimatisation with its 2012-spec machinery, Pirelli tyres and Red Bull's KERS technology. But given the premium placed on time to sort a new car before the season, that might seem an odd decision when one of F1's most experienced campaigners is thumbing through his iPhone at the back of the garage.

Unless you're considering putting the Dutchman, and his backing, into the car for the opening races that is... Mischievous? Oh, alright then.

But for a while it seemed certain 37-year-old Trulli's career tally would be locked at 256 grands prix started, one victory achieved, as other drivers were considered during the off-season. Through much of January, informed speculation persisted that Trulli's drive would go to Vitaly Petrov. But then the Russian's financial supply line faltered and the Italian was back in the game.

Even now there remains doubt over the long-term solidity of Trulli's position. And there is a sense that things need to get off to a much better start than they did in 2011 if he's to enjoy the chance to race what he's calling a 'proper car' after two years of toil and sacrifice.

Trulli has remained calm throughout this first week of testing, in fact he's been joking with the engineers, enthusing about the build quality of the car and pitching in on feedback. The very model of a modern veteran racing driver. There's not been a hint of the gaunt, frustrated figure we saw so much of last season.

But why is Trulli so up-tempo? It's a question that comes up early in our chat.

"Have you seen the car?" he says, an excited look on his face. "The first two cars we had, let's say were 'learning' cars. You look at this car and it is incredible. This one looks like a contemporary Formula 1 car in terms of its detail, its build quality.

"To my eye, most of the details look perfectly done. I can't say if it is quick or not, but it's looking extremely professional. So even if I haven't tested it yet, I can be sure there is a step forward."

But even if the car is all he says it is, surely he's been frustrated, perhaps even a little offended by the rumours about others taking his drive. After all, this is a man who has led factory programmes at the highest level, been a grand prix winner and has long ago proved his electric speed – if he is given the tools to access it.

Surely it must have been difficult to watch others flirt with a seat he considers his own? But if it was, he's not letting on: "Personally, I don't care [about that].

"I just want to get on with my job and I know that I have to do well, because if I don't do well it's obvious that I cannot stay. It's as simple for me as much as for anyone in the paddock. There is no point trying to hide – you have to deliver. The trouble is what is the best you can do with what you have? This is always the point."

Trulli also recognises that not all the pieces on the board are his to control. It's no secret that Caterham could use the financial assistance a well-funded driver could provide, and there are one or two on the sidelines at present.

"I know what F1 is nowadays, I know the economic reality more teams are going through, and I do understand," he says. Remember it was Trulli who was asked to step aside and let Karun Chandhok drive a car that Jarno clearly couldn't given the power steering issues he faced last season.

"Obviously I know that there are other drivers out there, they want to drive and they have got some sponsors which may be very helpful for the team. I saw the situation in a very simple way – just wait and see – I knew I had the contract so, obviously, I was sure on that.

"I have learned in F1 that you never know what can happen from one day to another, but I have enough experience to expect anything. So if anyone thinks they're more motivated than me, or anyone puts me down, it's just not true. I was just waiting to get back on with my job."

Those power steering issues – a basic lack of feedback – wreaked havoc with a driving style based on the sensitivity of the messages coming through the steering wheel. Trulli simply couldn't access the precision that is the mainstay of his inherent speed.

It obliterated his ability to compete with Kovalainen, but it also stopped him contributing in any meaningful way to the development of the car. That meant his key selling point to the team – all that experience – was fundamentally trumped.

It was an unavoidably demoralising situation to be in at this stage of a career, but the problem was compounded further by Kovalainen's feats in the sister machine. For a small team focussed on maximising its small resource, there are potentially more lucrative solutions to the problem than sticking by the Italian. Nevertheless, it continued to update the steering through 2011 and has a brand new solution for this year.

"Obviously last year it became obvious pretty quickly that I couldn't go anywhere with the problems we had on the car with my driving style, so it was a tough season because I knew before stepping in the car that I had little chance," explains Trulli.

"I've always suffered with this, even in karts. I always wanted my steering column perfectly right so I could have the right feeling. Without that I've never felt confident enough to get the best from the car. But I'm confident the team has sorted this problem out. I've had this in the past with other teams and it's always been resolved really quickly. Obviously last year, this team had different priorities.

"Now with a brand new car, there is fresh air, and we have probably solved the problems that were affecting me. So I'm looking forward to this new challenge, and I have to be optimistic otherwise I wouldn't be here."

You could argue, given the season he's just had and the contrast his performances and demeanour showed to Kovalainen's in a team that showed improved, if not quite breakthrough, form in 2011, that Trulli's only option is to show up full of enthusiasm and ready to start afresh in Jerez. Charm the boss, so to speak.

And this may well be the case, but he insists his renewed zest is more to do with him wanting to grasp a new season, with a new car. To start a new canvas. Trulli says he has that feeling every year. "That's the good thing about F1 – it changes. Every year you have a new car, every year there is something new, something to learn."

This year one of those things will be KERS – the lack of which cost Caterham dear whenever it found itself in an on-track dogfight to get into that coveted midfield territory.

"I think this is going to be a big boost for the team," he says when asked if it will help in the quest for points – which Trulli insists must be the target for Caterham in year three.

"It needs to be if we want to be satisfied with our job and if this team wants to look ahead and look confident. Because I don't think any of the people here would accept another season where we're not part of the midfield fight.
Then known as Lotus, the team was often in a no man's land between the midfield and backmarkers in 2010 and '11
Then known as Lotus, the team was often in a no man's land between the midfield and backmarkers in

"We were in a no-man's land last year. Now we will have to cover this gap, and get in the battle. Being in the midfield battle doesn't mean that we'll definitely score points – but if you have a chance, you've got to grab it."

At this time of year, everyone is guarded about the potential of their cars. Drivers don't admit it if the new car feels like a dog on day one; equally, they'll choke back public smiles if the magic happened the minute they turned it in at racing speed. But every driver will admit, when looking back, that they knew instantly when they were driving a car they thought was special.

"I remember when I tested the 2009 Toyota," recalls Trulli. "I knew straight away the first day that it was a good car. I didn't have any comparisons, I just sat in the car, tested it and said, 'This is a winning car!'"

For the record, that was the year Toyota started with a double-diffuser design, like Brawn and Williams. Trulli took pole position for Toyota in Bahrain and went on to score three podium finishes.

He didn't win in it, but it arguably provided him with the best race of his career when he drove relentlessly to second place at Suzuka, all the while hoping that Sebastian Vettel would suffer a failure and he would score that elusive win the Japanese manufactuer so coveted. Had it done so, perhaps things would be different now. But Trulli knows that what he is looking for from the Caterham is something else...

"This year is different, because we're not talking about being at the front, we're talking about being in the midfield," he says. "So I think the first thing we need to understand is how reliable the car is and how big is the step down compared to the others. Then eventually, through the tests we will understand if we have made a big enough step to be in the midfield game.

"Now, as a driver, for me it is very important that all the systems work and mechanically the car has no major problems. And that I can get the feeling that I want from the car, to see whether I can push it to the limit or not – this is very, very important."

Less than 24 hours after this conversation, Trulli is back in the same motorhome surrounded by journalists from around the world. The smile is even broader than before. The first box got ticked early in the day when he reported back that the power steering issue was 90 per cent gone: "No longer a problem".

But now, with some 117 laps of experience in the new car, Trulli's buzzing: "I think I cannot remember any better first day of testing, honestly, or first week. We ran into very, very few troubles despite the fact that the car is totally revolutionary.

"I am happy despite the times, which are not representative because we know we have been extremely conservative on the fuel side, and if we make some calculations we are probably in the ballpark."

It's the answers he was after, and to some extent the ones Caterham had been hoping for too.

Now the team has a decision to make: does it opt to maximise Trulli's obvious experience – which if a chance of points comes will fully equip him to seal the deal - or back up Kovalainen should he be in a similar position? Or does Caterham opt for a rookie with cash – and all the various unknowns, positive and negative, that would bring?

One suspects the decision will be based on Trulli's results in the early races of 2012.
Presidente Official Dindo Capello Fan Club
editor http://motorsportrants.wordpress.com/
depailler on tyrrell p34
Team Manager
Team Manager

da The King of Spa » 13/02/2012, 16:26

One suspects the decision will be based on Trulli's results in the early races of 2012.

già, se continua come gran parte della scorsa stagione non credo arrivi a terminarla.
The King of Spa
Team Manager
Team Manager

da depailler on tyrrell p34 » 13/02/2012, 16:49

[quote="The King of Spa"]

già, se continua come gran parte della scorsa stagione non credo arrivi a terminarla.
[/quote]
io sono fiducioso...non può aver dimenticato come si guida una f1
depailler on tyrrell p34
Team Manager
Team Manager

da depailler on tyrrell p34 » 17/02/2012, 10:51

depailler on tyrrell p34
Team Manager
Team Manager

da Baldi » 17/02/2012, 11:02

Immagine
Immagine
C'è un'unica differenza tra me e un pazzo: io non sono pazzo. (Salvador Dalì)
Baldi
Administrator
Administrator

da Greyeyes 1989 » 17/02/2012, 11:12

Era già nell'aria ma tutto sommato pur con immenso dispoacere Ora tutti i servosterzi funzioneranno alla perfezione e finalmente Jarno potrà dedicarsi alle ruote coperte visto che in F1 non c'era più da un pezzo e, questo i quotidiani Italiani non lo dicono, stava soltanto prendendo sberle dal buon Kova (guardate anche i tempi di Jerez x conferma)
" Se vuoi evitare di avere incidenti basta che vai più veloce degli altri " Nonno dixit
Greyeyes 1989
GP2
GP2

da The King of Spa » 17/02/2012, 11:17

[quote="The King of Spa"]
Trulli proverà solo l'ultimo giorno, prevedo appiedamento.
[/quote]

Presentimento avverato, certo in parte c'è una questione di soldi, ma se hanno appiedato il buon Rubens che di certo non meritava per quanto fatto in pista lui non aveva nemmeno questo a fare alzare le sue quotazioni.
The King of Spa
Team Manager
Team Manager

da Pennywise » 17/02/2012, 11:20

Mi spiace fino ad un certo punto: se JT ha veramente "fame" e voglia di correre, lo dimostri da altra parte.
" Ferrea Mole, Ferreo Cuore "

" Unguibus et rostro "

" Chi osa vince "

" Mai discutere con un idiota (coglione), ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza. " :clap: :bow-blue: ... 8-)
Pennywise
Team Manager
Team Manager

da Uitko » 17/02/2012, 11:25

Immagine
Immagine
"Quando voglio andare più veloce non c'è bisogno che spinga. Basta che mi concentri un pò." (Jim Clark)
Uitko
Administrator
Administrator

da Niki » 17/02/2012, 11:50

Quella tomba è dietro casa mia :asd:
Bellissima.
Immagine
Niki
Team Manager
Team Manager

da depailler on tyrrell p34 » 17/02/2012, 12:05

da witter
brace yourselves, Trulli to @IndyCar rumors are coming
@PeterDWindsor

Jarno had the most seamless transition from straight line to load than any driver I've ever seen. He had his faults, but he was an artist.
depailler on tyrrell p34
Team Manager
Team Manager

da depailler on tyrrell p34 » 17/02/2012, 12:06

era dal 97 che seguivo jarno
depailler on tyrrell p34
Team Manager
Team Manager